CITI Course Instructions
To access certain resources on PhysioNet, you must complete training in human research and data privacy. We recommend the CITI Program's "Data or Specimens Only Research" course. A link to the website can be found here: CITI Program. You must create an account with CITI Program before proceeding. Follow the instructions below to complete the course:
- Once you have created an account, go to 'My Courses' on the top of the page. Click "Add affiliation"
- Search for "Massachusetts Institute of Technology Affiliates". Click the checkmarks to agree. You are affiliating with MIT for the purpose of accessing data hosted on MIT servers.
- Fill out the form. Please use your institutional address, not a personal address, where possible (note, you do not require an MIT address).
- You will be asked to sign in with your MIT personal certificate, if available. If you do not have a certificate, please complete the questionnaire. To take the "Data or Specimens Only Research" course, you must answer questions 1, 2, and 3. For question 5, please answer 'Yes' for 'Conflicts of Interest'.
- Once submitted, you should see the 'Data or Specimens Only Research' and 'Conflicts of Interest' modules. Please complete these modules.